One of St. Louis' Best Wedding Photographers Shares All!
It sounds like it's from a tabloid, and it's almost that fun.
Would you like to take your photography to the next level?
Throughout my life, I have had a passion for helping others grow and improve.
It started in my teens working at Boy Scout camps and has been with me ever since. In my time in Emergency Services I frequently trained newer responders and veterans alike in ways to improve their practice and rudimentary skills. Over the course of my career, I have been certified to teach almost every skill area within the field of pre-hospital medicine.
I have been a trainer and I am trained as a trainer.
As a professional photographer, I have worked with clients such as McKendree University, the Boy Scouts of America, the World Series of Poker, and hundreds of excited clients. Throughout my career, I have gained valuable experience and I am ready to pass on my knowledge and skills to others.
With over 20 years of experience, I am qualified to teach photography. In am a Certified Professional Photographer by the Professional Photographers of America, and recognized by Fearless Photographers and Canon USA for image quality. This qualification not only provides me with knowledge about photography but also helps me to understand how the process works and how to convey ideas effectively through images. I am always willing to share my experience and passion for photography with others who are interested in learning more.
I am available to teach on any of the following topics:
- Camera Basics
- This was written to be presented to groups who are new to photography and just learning the basics of their cameras. There are several modules available based on class size. For basic camera use, a small group is suggested for plenty of hands on learning. Another version of this is available for those who are less interested in the physics, and just want to improve their abilities with any photography device they have.
- Off camera flash/lighting.
- My photography is distinguished by the use of off camera flash and blending with ambient exposure. Learn to successfully manipulate light to create timeless images your clients will cling to for generations.
- This can also be offered as a basic introduction to lighting for videography.
- For some photographers, posing is a dark art. Join me as we explore the simple laws of physics that guide how we can pose our clients for the most flattering images.
- Wedding Photography
- Wedding photography is a make-it-or-break-it game. It's high stakes, intense, and requires a photographer to be at peak performance for hours at a time. This is intended for those who already have a mastery of photography, but are curious about improving their wedding day performance.
- Mentoring or coaching
- I am available for mentoring for a limited number of select students wishing to improve specific issues in their photography or business. These are highly specialized and tailored to the student's exact needs.
- Masterclass Retreat
- Follow Matthew on Facebook for details regarding upcoming retreats and masterclasses.